Monday 2 December 2013

Blueberries and cream cupcakes

Vanilla cake with fresh blueberries.

There isn't too much to say about these cupcakes other than they were yummy and I'm glad I made them. I had a friend over for dinner on the weekend, so I thought I'd whip up something special for dessert. 

Side view!

To make these, you add a generous handful of fresh or frozen blueberries to a vanilla cake mix. You could even use a packet mix. I've also made these with raspberries and blackberries. I think blackberry has been my favourite so far. 

I garnished these with blueberries; another idea is to remove a section of cake at the top and fill it with a berry. This creates a great mixture of tastes and textures, especially the juicy berry contrasting with the soft cake and creamy icing. 

I have one left if anyone wants it...


All gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment