Thursday 26 September 2013

Crazy cupcake lolly tower!

Nerds, snakes and marshmallows, oh my!

I made this last weekend but I didn't upload the photos to my computer until tonight. Since pink cupcakes are so pretty, I thought it was worth posting a few pics. 

I made this for my little sister, who just got engaged. If you've read this before you'll know that I made a love tart for my other sister's engagement recently. Love is in the air! My littlest sister loves lollies, so I had to incorporate them into her engagement treat. 

I made two dozen vanilla cupcakes with pink buttercream icing. Some I decorated with sprinkles and some with pink love hearts. All of them got glitter. 

The next day I assembled the whole thing. I wasn't quite sure exactly how it was going to look but I had a vague idea. Most importantly I had plenty of pink and red lollies at hand. After a lot of prodding and careful placement and making sure that all superfluous lollies were eaten, I had made our centrepiece!

The best thing about this was that it was so interactive. We all sat around the table talking and laughing while we picked out the lollies and tried to pretend we weren't having second helpings of cake. 

Was a lovely evening : ) 

Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment