Saturday 24 August 2013

Chicken, zucchini and eggplant lasagne with wholegrain mustard

It was time to cook again so I decided to make a chicken lasagne. I'd found a recipe in one of Mum's cook books (thank you Woman's Weekly) and adapted it from that. 

It was originally meant to be chicken and leek. But I had no leeks. I did have zucchini and eggplant though. The rest is history. Here is Mr Lasagne before I put him in the oven:

I've never actually made lasagne before, so preparing this was pretty exciting.

I'm not sure when my lasagne became a "he" but it's not worth dwelling on such details at this point. 

Here is Mr Lasagne post-oven:

Unlike most people, I don't like my cheese overly brown. Yes I know I'm weird. 

Below is my dinner. That's all really. Was nice to have the vegetables in the middle of the chicken layers; made it lighter and obviously healthier. Worth experimenting with other combinations methinks.

It's hard to plate up lasagne nicely, but I did my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment