Wednesday 28 August 2013

Oreo cupcakes

Mmmm... Oreos!

I have had a cold recently and have been itching to get back into the kitchen. Today I felt well enough to make some cupcakes. Hooray!

So, Oreo cupcakes. These are pretty easy and a little bit amazing. You need everything you'd use for a basic vanilla cupcake recipe, two packs or Oreos, one tub of mini Oreos and some cocoa. 

You also need a food processor or similar to grind the Oreos into crumbs. Once you have this, you can add it to the cupcake mixture itself, and the buttercream. I also added a bit of cocoa to the mixture to make sure it was nice and chocolatey.

The batter was very thick and chocolatey with chewy bits of Oreo throughout.

The cake mixed with crumbed Oreos has a lovely slightly chewy texture, and the whole thing definitely tastes like an Oreo.

Yummy chocolate cakes ready to ice.

The mini Oreos are perfect as decorations once you've iced them. I decided to do these ones in what is apparently the French piping style. 

I have to go now because now that I've written this and edited the photos I really do need to eat another one... quality control, etc. Yum.

I won't lie. These are GOOD. Go make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment