Sunday 18 August 2013

Pan-fried handmade gnocchi with roast pumpkin, pine nuts and sage

Well worth the effort.

I'm staying with my family right now, so I'm making the most of having people to feed. Yes, I'm a FEEDER.

Today I thought I'd make gnocchi. I used a recipe by Jamie Oliver. It wasn't overly difficult and fun to make. Flour everywhere : )

Soft little parcels of goodness.

You can't really go wrong with the classic combo of pumpkin, pine nuts and sage. I thought I'd serve the gnocchi with this as it's yummy and also familiar for me. Didn't want my folks to go hungry due to dinner failure...

I also thought I'd pan fry the gnocchi just to make things a bit more interesting... and it turned out beautifully. Crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy in the middle. 

To serve, I placed the gnocchi in the bowl with the pumpkin, then sprinkled toasted pine nuts over the top. 

I then used a bit of melted butter mixed with olive oil and crushed fried sage to drizzle over the gnocchi. A bit of parmesan and some extra sage leaves made it complete. 

Definitely something I'll make again.

No comments:

Post a Comment